To learn more about the superior insurance program and comprehensive services offered by PRMS, click here.
Psychiatry-Specific Excess Risk Management Courses
PRMS is pleased to announce that it is making its psychiatry-specific Excess Risk Management courses available online - at no charge - to all New York psychiatrists, including those not insured through the PRMS program. Our risk managers are experts in psychiatric malpractice risk management and we are sharing our expertise with the entire New York psychiatric community as part of our strong commitment to behavioral healthcare.
Both the Basic and Follow-Up online courses will be offered. These have been approved by the New York State Medical Society and the New York State Insurance Department (with special approval to focus solely on psychiatry).
Psychiatrists may need to take one of these courses for any of the following reasons:
• If doctors in the New York Excess Insurance Program are required to take the Excess Risk Management course this year for continued participation in the Excess Insurance Program.
• Doctors may want to earn a Risk Management Premium Credit on their medical malpractice insurance. In New York, completion of an approved Excess Risk Management course is required to earn this premium credit.
• Doctors may want to take the course for CME purposes.
About the courses:
• The Follow-Up Course is three hours and focuses on psychiatrists’ greatest liability exposures – psychopharmacology and treating suicidal patients, with special focus on the suicide risk assessment.
• The Basic Course is six hours and covers confidentiality, communication, psychopharmacology, treating suicidal patients, and more!
If doctors are insured through PRMS in The Psychiatrists’ Program, they can access the courses here (log in required). If the doctors are not insured through PRMS, they can simply send an email requesting access to Seminars@prms.com. Upon receipt, we will email the course link.