Our toll-free Risk Management Consultation Service helpline (RMCS) is provided as a benefit to our clients. Our experienced Risk Management team is available to help identify and assess potential risk exposure and to provide you with strategies and resources for managing those risks.
Since 1997, we have responded to over 85,000 risk management questions such as:
- I am seeing a patient who is a minor. One of his parents is requesting information which I am uncomfortable releasing. What can I do?
- How do I properly document a patient’s informed consent?
- What should be included in an information release authorization?
- How do I handle a request for records of a deceased patient?
- How long do I have to keep my records?
- I have just received a subpoena for patient records in a lawsuit, which does not involve me. Do I have to comply? If so, how do I comply without breaching confidentiality?
- How do I end a physician-patient relationship when the patient doesn’t want to end treatment with me?
- How do I respond to a request for information from my licensing board about a patient who filed a complaint?
- I share office space with others. Should I be doing anything more to reduce my risk of being sued by my officemate’s patient?
We encourage our clients to contact us whenever a request or situation is troubling them. No question is insignificant. In fact, the greatest risks lie in not asking the question at all.
If you are not a current client, complete and submit the form below to learn more about PRMS®.
Request More Information
The information and risk management information discussed (“Content”) is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, medical, or regulatory advice. Always seek the advice of your attorney, physician, or other appropriate professional regarding the Content. Never disregard professional legal advice or delay in seeking it because of the Content. The information is intended, but not promised or guaranteed, to be current, complete, or up-to-date.