Our toll-free Risk Management Consultation Service helpline (RMCS) is provided as a benefit to our clients. Our experienced Risk Management team is available to help identify and assess potential risk exposure and to provide you with strategies and resources for managing those risks.
Since 1997, we have responded to over 65,000 risk management questions such as:
- I am seeing a patient who is a minor. One of his parents is requesting information which I am uncomfortable releasing. What can I do?
- How do I properly document a patient’s informed consent?
- What should be included in an information release authorization?
- How do I handle a request for records of a deceased patient?
- How long do I have to keep my records?
- I have just received a subpoena for patient records in a lawsuit, which does not involve me. Do I have to comply? If so, how do I comply without breaching confidentiality?
- How do I end a physician-patient relationship when the patient doesn’t want to end treatment with me?
- How do I respond to a request for information from my licensing board about a patient who filed a complaint?
- I share office space with others. Should I be doing anything more to reduce my risk of being sued by my officemate’s patient?
We encourage our clients to contact us whenever a request or situation is troubling them. No question is insignificant. In fact, the greatest risks lie in not asking the question at all.
If you are not a current client, complete and submit the form below to learn more about PRMS®.
Request More Information
The information and risk management advice discussed (“Content”) is for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal advice or judgment, or for any other professional advice. Always seek the advice of your attorney with any questions you may have regarding the Content. Never disregard professional legal advice or delay in seeking it because of the Content.
EARN A PREMIUM DISCOUNT
PRMS® clients attending our seminars may be eligible to receive a 5% premium discount!*
*New York clients: the premium discount is only available on selected courses.
Do You Know Enough About HIPAA?
To help you learn how HIPAA affects you and your practice, The Psychiatrists' Program offers a HIPAA Help checklist to make you more familiar with these regulations.
Professional Risk Management Services, Inc. (PRMS) manages the Psychiatrists’ Program, the professional liability insurance program for psychiatrists. We have insured psychiatrists since 1986 and have handled over 22,000 psychiatric claims against psychiatrists. PRMS is also accredited, with commendation, by the ACCME to provide CME. PRMS is not a commercial interest.