Calendar of Events
Professional Risk Management Services, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. PRMS offers several CME seminars for physicians each year. Both in person and online seminars are available. In addition, PRMS' risk managers are regularly invited expert speakers for national, regional, and local conferences and meetings. Our seminars and education programs are designed to provide both a basic grounding in risk management concepts as well as more advanced practical applications of risk management and patient safety strategies. Topics include:
- Elements of a Malpractice Lawsuit
- Informed Consent
- Doctor - Patient Communication
- Confidentiality and Requests for Patient Information
- Managing Patient Complaints
- Physician's Liability for the Acts/Omissions of other Professionals
- Additional topics can be tailored to clients' requirements, including
- Professional Liability Issues in Prescribing
- Professional Liability Issues in Forensic Activities
- Telemedicine Risk Management
- Electronic Health Records
- Websites, Social Networking and Blogs
- Managing Patients with Suicidal and Dangerous Behaviors
- Medical Liability Risk and the Use of tPA for the Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke
As a leader in proactive risk management education, we are pleased to offer a unique educational program - PREP, at no charge, to groups of psychiatry and neurology residents, especially those nearing the completion of their professional training.
PREP, the PRMS Resident Education Program, addresses provides an overview of practice-related risk management issues -- topics which often are not formally addressed during the course of residency training. Psychiatrists and neurologists who will soon be making critical decisions about their own professional liability protection need to be familiar with these concepts.
As a leader in proactive risk management education, PRMS has the goal to prevent malpractice suits before they happen. Therefore we are pleased to offer a unique educational program - PREP, at no charge, to groups of psychiatry and neurology residents.